First released in 1989, the IELTS test has established strong credentials for consistently assessing proficiency in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Why recognise IELTS?
Since its first test release in 1989, IELTS has gained a global reputation as the most trusted & reliable English language assessment.
- Accepted by 10,000 organizations worldwide
- Accepted by all immigration agencies that require an English proficiency test, including Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
IELTS offers two types of test:
- IELTS Academic – measures English language proficiency needed for an academic, higher learning environment.
- IELTS General Training – measures a test taker’s proficiency of those wanting to immigrate to Canada – Permanent Residency & Citizenship.
Both tests measure English language ability to the same high levels.
Having two versions of IELTS allows you to quickly identify applicants with the English-speaking skills most relevant to your organization’s needs.
Who else recognises IELTS?
Over 10,000 organisations in 140 countries including UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand rely on IELTS to help select the right people, including universities, professional and industry associations, and multinational companies and employers.
What is a Recognizing Organization (RO)?
A recognizing organization is an institution which accepts or uses IELTS scores to measure the English language proficiency of its applicant.
Recognizing organizations include:
- educational institutions,
- professional bodies,
- commercial organizations.
All organizations accepting IELTS are listed on our global database and over 3.5 million test takers search this database every year. This means that by accepting IELTS, you gain exposure to millions of applicants around the world.
How to become a Recognising Organisation (RO)
When you apply, you can also choose how you would like to receive IELTS scores:
- You can receive one original paper copy of the IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) via regular mail or secure courier; if you choose this option, you must also subscribe to the free IELTS Online Verification Service (OVS) in order to verify the score reports.
- You can subscribe to the Electronic Download Service here, which will provide you with paperless, electronic delivery of test takers’ results.
Let your applicants know!
Help prospective applicants in their decision-making process by publishing the IELTS scores you require on your organization’s website.
How to locate a missing IELTS test result ?
Expecting an IELTS score? Still waiting? Can’t find it? Here are actions to take:
If you accept paper score reports:
- Contact the test taker to confirm he/she named your institution to receive their TRF.
- The test taker must follow-up with the test centre where they sat the test to confirm mailing date* and re-order if necessary.
* Unless express shipping is specifically requested by a test taker, all TRFs are mailed via regular post with no tracking number.
If you accept electronic scores:
While missing results are uncommon, if you are unable to locate a score in the IELTS e-download service, please email your concern to General.email@example.com to confirm the nature of the issue.
Learn more about the IELTS Test
ILSC, VANCOUVER, NORTH VANCOUVER
ILSC Vancouver is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join its team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. The IELTS Examiner will expertly assess candidates, with the consistency and standards as set out by IELTS, in the speaking module of the IELTS test.
TORONTO, MISSISSAUGA, BRAMPTON, SCARBOROUGH, KITCHENER
ILSC Toronto is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join its team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. The IELTS Examiner will expertly assess candidates, with the consistency and standards as set out by IELTS, in the speaking module of the IELTS test.
MISSISSAUGA, BRAMPTON, SCARBOROUGH, KITCHENER
ILSC Toronto is looking for IELTS test Invigilators. He/She will be responsible to ensure a right procedure before and during the test.
GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE, WATERLOO, PETERBOROUGH, BRAMPTON, MISSISSAUGA, BARRIE, HAMILTON.
George Brown is looking for experienced ESL teachers/instructors to join the IELTS Test Centre team as Speaking Examiners.